In addition to estate agency services Carver Knowles is also a dynamic, professional practice of Chartered Surveyors and Valuers focused on results. A young firm, yet one of nationally acknowledged expertise, our clients range from some of the largest property owning organisations in the UK to small developers, family farmers and private individuals.
As Chartered Surveyors, property valuations form a significant part of our business. We specialise in all types of residential and rural property to include development land, all types of residential property including farms, buildings and other commercial properties such as barns converted barns.
Our team provide a comprehensive valuation service, carrying out valuations for a broad range of purposes including:
- Secured lending for banks and building societies
- Taxation purposes including Probate Inheritance Tax and Capital Gains Tax advice
- Market appraisals
- Litigation and expert witness reports
Lease renewal valuations under the Leasehold Reform Housing and Urban Development Act 1993 and accompanying advice and negotiations is an increasingly important area of our business as leasehold property owners with diminishing lease lengths take advantage of their legal right to extend their lease under the terms of the legislation.
Planning and Development
Our work in this area includes advice to property owners on the prospects for short and medium term development.
On a longer term strategic level we are involved in:
- Identifying larger areas with longer term housing/commercial potential
- Promoting areas of land for change of use to residential/mixed uses
- Negotiation Options and other agreements